Is there just one “you”? We have been taught that we have a single identity, but when the voices inside our heads don’t match our own self-perception, emotions heighten and we might even question our entire existence. Want to know a little secret? You’re not alone in feeling this way, but feel liberated in knowing that there are no “bad” parts of you.
Dr. Richard Schwartz’s Internal Family Systems (IFS) model has been transforming psychology for decades and we are honored to have him on the show to talk about his new book “No Bad Parts.”
In this episode, you’ll learn what IFS is and why it has been so effective in areas such as trauma recovery. You’ll also hear role-play with both K+L, as Dr. Schwartz walks them through uncovering their own abandoned parts. When we learn to love all of our parts, we can learn to love all people, and ultimately this can help heal ourselves and the world.
“If you meditate or you do psychedelic drugs, you can enter a wave state that doesn’t have boundaries and is what they call nondual. You just feel in the ocean of self or the wave—it’s the same self, just in two different forms. What people call God largely for me is that wave state of self.” – Dr. Richard Schwartz, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- What is the Internal Family System model?
- The importance of honoring and communicating with our parts
- Making often maligned parts into powerful allies
- How IFS reveals that there are no bad parts
- K+L on their abandoned parts
- Psychedelics and IFS
- The power of your “protector” part
- Website: www.ifs-institute.com
- Instagram: @internalfamilysystems
- Facebook: @InternalFamilySystems
- Twitter: @IFS_Model
- LinkedIn: IFS Institute
- No Bad Parts
- The Evolution of The Internal Family Systems Model
- The Larger Self
- Internal Family Systems: Skills Training Manual
- Many Minds, One Self
- You Are The One You’ve Been Waiting For
- The Mosaic Mind
- Internal Family Systems Therapy – 2nd Edition
- Introduction to the Internal Family Systems Model
- Level 1 Bundle: Internal Family Systems Therapy – 2nd Edition, Introduction to the Internal Family Systems Model, Mosaic Mind
Analemma Water | Try Analemma water at coherent-water.com and use code ALMOST30 for 15% off.
IQ Bar | Get 20% off all IQBar products, plus get FREE shipping. Just text ALMOST to 64000.
De Lune | Go to Cyclehealth.com/almost30 and use the code ALMOST30 to get 23% off, plus free shipping.
BetterHelp | This episode is brought to you by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try at betterhelp.com/almost30 and get on your way to being your best self with 10% off your first month.
Athletic Greens | Get a FREE 1-year supply of Vitamin D and 5 free travel packs with your first purchase at athleticgreens.com/ALMOST30.
To advertise on our podcast, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.advertisecast.com/Almost30.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Find more to love at almost30.com!
Almost 30 is edited by Marielle Marlys.