The iconic business leader, Bozoma Saint John, comes on the show to discuss her latest venture—her memoir, The Urgent Life. She takes readers through the numbing days of multiple griefs and the courage which these sparked in her to live a life in accordance with her values. K+L have a meaningful, vulnerable conversation that, despites its heavy topics, still features a lot of laughter (one of the many reasons they love Bozoma).
No stranger to adversity, Bozoma Saint John recounts life’s tragedies and how she learned to build a remarkable life worth living (even in her brokenness).
In this episode, the girls dive deep into why Bozoma decided to live life urgently. Her life has been encompassed by many highs and lows, one of which was the death of her husband, Peter. Bozoma’s story is heartbreakingly beautiful, though many of its themes are not uncommon. Our hope is this conversation will inspire any listener who has loved, mourned and is finding their way forward, to live life to the fullest.
“What is it about that thing that makes you want to do that? Have you explored that? And then why are you putting it off? If you’re asking those two questions, then you’re fulfilling urgency.” -Bozoma, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- Being a Black woman in corporate America
- Embracing her identity unapologetically
- Knowing when to make a career change
- Wrestling with the ego and learning to let go of identities
- Trusting the Soul to light the path forward
- Dealing with the loss of her husband and daughter
- Navigating and carrying two different types of grief
- How grief shifted her perspective on life and self
- The challenges of motherhood and pursuing a career
- Giving her daughter an empowered voice within the house
- Defining urgency (Hint: it’s about intention!)
- Learning to listen to your intuition
- Read: The Urgent Life
- Website: bozomasaintjohn.com
- Instagram: @badassboz
- Twitter: @badassboz
- TikTok: @badassboz
Cymbiotika | Use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 15% off your first purchase at cymbiotika.com/discount/ALMOST30.
BetterHelp| Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 today to get 10% off your first month.
Sacredness of Being Single | Visit sacrednessofbingsingle.com for support, community and resources during your single season.
Hello Fresh | Go to HelloFresh.com/65almost30 and use code 65almost30 for 65% off plus free shipping!