This week’s guest, Morgan Harper Nicols, has been on the Almost 30 dream guest list for years. K + L are huge fans of her Instagram, @morganharpernichols, which immerses you in an enriching tapestry of words, images, and music. In a world of doom scrolling and self-comparison, it’s a rare joy to find an account that nourishes you on such a soulful level.
Morgan discusses how she distills her unique creative language and vision – informed by her inventive childhood, music career, inner-child, and love of nature – onto a screen and how she connects with her audience in a meaningful way. She talks about evolving as an artist and how her inner development led to her book, How Far You Have Come, a visual and literary retrospective on the vastness of human experience and growth through the lens of place.
We also talk about:
- Creating your story
- Morgan’s creative upbringing and influences
- How spirituality influences her practice
- Online boundaries and showing up authentically and respectfully to her online community
- Connecting to the inner child through play
- Her creative evolution
- Adult autism diagnosis and lifestyle changes
- The inspiration behind her new book
- Website: morganharpernichols.com
- Instagram: @morganharpernichols
- Read: How Far You Have Come: Musings on Beauty and Courage
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almostsakara and use code ALMOSTSAKARA for 20% off your first order
- She’s Birdie | Go to shesbirdie.com/almost30 for 15% off
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp.
- Dropps | Save 25% off your first purchase using promo code “almost30” at dropps.com
- Kitty Poo Club | Visit kittypooclub.com and enter promo code ALMOST30 to get 20% off when you set up auto-ship
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting almost30.com/websitedisclaimer