CATCH UP WITH K + L
K + L are coming at you from their new studio! They kick off today’s conversation by sharing a deeply resonating quote. Arriving to our truth, the purity of our essence, and allowing ourselves to be are some of the ideas the ladies discuss. Also tune in for L’s story about her peculiar neighbors and their hallway gym!
Today we are sitting down with writer, illustrator, and author of Am I There Yet?, Mari Andrew! In our conversation, we talk greatly about emotions and creativity—from growing up as a creative, self-parenting, emotional intelligence, boundaries, and public vulnerability. Mari shares her experience as an only child who never fit in, but knew adult life would be different. She reflects on how this allowed her to really explore her soul through writing, stories, and poetry, although she didn’t identify as a creative person when she was younger. Mari opens up about being estranged from her father for six years before he died, and the spectrum of emotions that accompanied that loss. We also talk about the difficulties that come with dating, what inspires Mari to get out of a creative block, and her struggle with recovery from her autoimmune disease.
We also talk about:
- Traveling solo
- Feeling comfortable being alone
- Bringing yourself out of your own circumstance
- Why Mari decided to write a book
- Deriving self-worth from a man
- Self-parenting and knowing your worth
- Putting energy into all areas of life vs. a new relationship
- Importance of play & laughter
- What’s in store for 2020
- If you resonated with the quote we shared in the intro, checkout Bree Melanson on instagram!
- February 29th: Malibu, CA with Jenna Zoe
- Simple Contacts | Use code ALMOST to save $20 at simplecontacts.com/almost
- Causebox | Use code ALMOST30 for 30% off your first box at causebox.com/
- Woo More Play | Visit woomoreplay.com/ and use code ALMOST30 at checkout for a 10% off.
- MINERAL | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at mineralhealth.co.
- UNICO | Use code ALMOST for 20% off plus free 2-day delivery at https://uniconutrition.com
- Rael | Go to getrael.com/collections/rael-and-almost-30 and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off.