Today we are talking all things essential oils with the CEO of Vitruvi, Sara Panton! Vitruvi started as a passion project by Sara and her brother after Sara decided to leave medical school. They committed to many late nights while working multiple jobs. By combining Sara’s background in medical anthropology, her love for the science of scent, and her brother’s entrepreneurial skills, they’ve developed a line to complement your daily rituals. Sara shares the advice she’d give to someone pursuing their passion while still in their career.
In our conversation, Sara explains the science behind scent and our limbic system, and why smells can trigger memories. She dives deep into the history of essential oils, how they are created, and why they have such a positive effect on our emotions and immune system. And of course, we had to ask… which oils are best for blemish spot treatments, high stress, and what’s the sexiest scent!
We also talk about:
- Face tools for skin beauty
- Products to use for cystic acne
- Carrier oils vs. essential oils
- How Sara cares for herself as an entrepreneur
- Why Vitruvi doesn’t promote ingestion of E.O.
- How to be safe while using oils
- What L&K eat in a day
- September 18th: Nashville with Julie Solomon
- September 19th: Nashville with Dr. Josh Axe
- October 3rd: NYC with Nikki Glaser
- October 4th: NYC with Erin Claire Jones
- Vitruvi | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at vitruvi.com and vitruvi.ca
- GoMacro Bars | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at gomacro.com
- Further Food | Use code ALMOST30 for 30% off your purchase at shop.furtherfood.com/discount/ALMOST30
- BarkBox | Get 1 FREE MONTH when you subscribe to a 6 or 12 month plan barkbox.com/almost30