Today we are sitting down with Loraine Dowdy, founder of the American made cosmetics line, Coloured Raine. After 16 years of working a high-powered job in the financial industry, Loraine pursued her dream of creating a cruelty-free makeup line that encourages diversity, self-expression, and shades for women of color. In our conversation, you can feel Loraine’s passion for creating pigments that accentuate the beauty of all skin tones. We couldn’t help but geek out over our mutual love of nature shows–in fact, Loraine confided how her upcoming makeup line is inspired by nature. Loraine is open and honest about the trials and tribulations she’s gone through starting a business as a woman of color, and how nourishing it is to have relationships with other women in the industry.
Keep an eye out for the Coloured Raine’s upcoming partnership, new foundations, makeup tutorials, and Christmas bundles! You are going to love their array of vibrant pigments and cruelty free cosmetics.
We also talk about:
- Self-awareness tips for changing careers
- Scaling and building a team using trust
- Tapping into your creativity
- Behind the scenes of the cosmetic industry
- Monetizing your podcast
- Learn more: colouredraine.com
- Instagram: @colouredraine ; @aidensempire
- Twitter: @ColouredRaine
- Facebook: Coloured Raine
- Fitt | Visit Fitt.co to find your city. You can also download the Fitt app, available now on iOS. Android version coming soon.
- Blender Bombs | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off first order and free shipping for orders over $60
- Honeybook | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off the first year of Honeybook at honeybook.com
- Silver Fern | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first order at silverfernbrand.com
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments