K + L are here, as always, to have real, honest conversations — ones that challenge us, make us uncomfortable, and help us grow. This conversation with Thaís Sky on white privilege and white fragility from 2018 is one of those. These are important parts of who many of us are and what we experience that we need to look at in order to be better and do better. Our hope is that you are inspired to dismantle your attachment and support of systems that, for centuries, have contributed to blatant racism and inequality. Enough is enough. We ask that in listening, you have an open mind, are ready to learn, and are willing to explore how you can be a part of the change. .
We also talk about:
- Opportunities for growth
- Being addicted to our shitty thoughts + shitty people
- Trying not to compartmentalize our own spirituality
- Feeling unworthy of your own self-care: we can’t show up for others if we’re not showing up for ourselves.
- The governmental + societal systems that keep certain groups of people oppressed
- How white women contribute to + benefit from racism
- How we can REALLY educate ourselves about systematic oppression + privilege
- When you have privilege, what is your place in the conversation?
- Living in an emotionally illiterate culture
- How to avoid tokenizing people of color
- What’s wrong when people say they’re “color blind”
- The importance of doing this work, even imperfectly (because perfect just isn’t going to happen)
- Deciding what kind of legacy we want to leave
- Learn more: thaissky.com
- Listen to Thaís’ podcast: RECLAIM
- Instagram: @IAmThaisSky
- Facebook: facebook.com/thaiscsky
- Twitter: @IAmThaisSky
- blk grn | Visit blkgrn.com to shop an all-natural marketplace by all black artisans.
- Uncommon Goods | Visit uncommongoods.com/almost30 for 10% off your purchase.
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- Seed | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first month at seed.com/ALMOST30
- Acuity Scheduling | Get a 45-day extended free trial by going to https://acuityscheduling.com/almost30.