Is not getting your period normal? Do women have a lower sex drive than men? Should your first time hurt? It’s time to bust all of the misconceptions related to women’s health, hormones and sex with Dr. Jolene Brighten, a hormone expert, nutrition scientist, and thought leader in women’s medicine.
“Having orgasms is an act of mindfulness.” – Dr. Jolene Brighten, Almost 30 Podcast
Dr. Brighten is the author of Is This Normal, a non-judgmental guide to creating hormone balance, eliminating unwanted symptoms, and building the sexual desire you crave…because feeling pleasure is your birthright.
Krista and Dr. Brighten discuss the many myths that women have been told for generations and chat about everything from pain in the bedroom to how cyclical hormones rule your life—there is no such thing as TMI here.
We also talk about:
- Women’s hormones and health
- Birth control syndrome
- Unpacking sex education
- What’s blocking you from pleasure
- Oxytocin and one night stands
- Men vs. women’s libido
- Misconceptions about sex and hormones
- Practicing mindfulness to have better sex
- How men and women fantasize differently
- What is metabolic health
- How to sleep better
- Women not having their periods
- Website: drbrighten.com
- Instagram: @drjolenebrighten
- TikTok: @drjolenebrighten
- Youtube: @drjolenebrighten
- Beyond the PIll by Dr. Jolene Brighten
- Is this Normal by Dr. Jolene Brighten
Episode Related Resources:
- Episode 577: Lifting the Veil: Understanding the Impact of Hormonal Birth Control
- Episode 293: Biohacking Your Hormones with Alisa Vitti
- Book: Sex at Dawn: How We Mate, Why We Stray, and What It Means for Modern Relationships by Christopher Ryan
The Invitation | A Relationship Breakup Series. Join Krista Williams and Lindsey Simcik for a 3-day workshop series on the break up process—with a partner, a friend and anyone in between. Sign up today here!
Cozy Earth | Get 35% off site wide when you use the code ALMOST30.
LMNT | Get 8 single serving packets FREE with any LMNT order at DrinkLMNT.com/ALMOST30.
Alo Moves | Try a free 30-day trial and get 50% off an annual membership by going to alomoves.com and use code ALMOST30 in all caps.
BetterHelp | This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try and visit betterhelp.com/almost30 today to get 10% off your first month.
Seed | Visit seed.com/ALMOST30 and use code ALMOST30 to redeem 25% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01® Daily Synbiotic.
To advertise on our podcast, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.advertisecast.com/Almost30.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments