With everything going on in the world, good & bad, it’s about time we have another MYSTICAL MAMA on the show to work with our energy. The fiery and foxy ALEXANDRA ROXO (side note: what a fabulous name) is one of LA’s best ENERGY and TRANSFORMATIONAL workers, seeking all things mystical and magic. She’s also an actress and director, working with names like Spike Jonze, Clive Owen, and Steven Soderbergh. Needless to say, she’s a bundle of creative light that we all need right here, right now (Not to mention, she’s speaking at our Sex, Love, & Other Things event).
With a Catholic father from a Brazil and a New Age-y mother from Georgia, Alexandra began immersing herself in a spiritual lifestyle from the early age of 12. From angels, spirits, ghosts, and auras, she was constantly surrounded by religion and the curiosity of other-worldlyness, with the help of her guide Bobby. When she got to college at New York University, she took it to the next level and dived into studying meditation in Italy, living a healthy lifestyle, and studying Eastern Religion Traditions. However, when she discovered Moon Rituals from one of her professors at NYU, she realized that kind of feminism was missing from all of the other practices. And she found her calling as a healer and energy worker.
From there, we went into …
- PLANT MEDICINE – in particular, AYAHUASCA – what is it? why should you use? what does it do? where do people use it in the world? what is it like?
- how Ayahuasca HELPED Alexandra FORGIVE HERSELF, about everything from body image, doing good, and letting go of guilt and shame
- “Hey girl you either do good stuff on this planet, like everything you say has to be for the good of all, or don’t say a word.” – Alexandra on what she realized during her use of Ayahuasca
- “All of that is useful to heal and to work through things that are causing barriers between you and your best self. It’s not just for play but if you really want to break through to the other side, it’s self-awareness, self-consciousness issues, body image issues, issues with your parents, all of those things can really help you.” – Alexandra on practicing plant medicine
- we touch on ALIENS and fairies too (hehe)
- her WRITING about sex, medicine, wellness, and spirituality on The Numinous, Mind Body Green, and Horoscope.com
- her badass, raw, and real MENTORSHIP PROGRAM – intuitively bringing women into their emotional bodies and connecting with every part of your body
- MOON CLUB – her group mentorship program based on the Moon’s Rituals, making yourself your own healer, and sharing stories in a safe/open community
- how to find a SPACE OF SURRENDER (not involving tequila)
- “One thing is that a lot of spiritual practices are actually masculine and centric in the sense that they come from a place of structure and rigidity. Our whole lives are so structured, I mean we have fricken Google Calendar and all of this stuff going on all day. What I find missing from women’s lives is a space of surrender.” – Alexandra on surrendering
- the difference between being SLUTTY and SEXUALITY
- how WOMEN TRIGGER EACH OTHER – especially with men and beauty
- THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HEAL/EMPOWER YOURSELF!
Alexandra Roxo website
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments