As you know by now, Krista is someone who loves to push the limits of what’s possible, to expand her own lived experience and learn new ways of seeing or thinking about things. She travels this path (mostly) unafraid and open-minded.
But the prospect of a darkness retreat, she admits, was a scary one.
Finding Everything in Nothing: Krista’s Darkness Retreat Recap
In this special solo episode, Krista recaps her three-day, four-night darkness retreat at Sky Cave Retreats in Oregon and recounts the deep spiritual and emotional lessons she’s taken away from it.
There was rage, sadness, and grief; great joy and hours of bodywork; daily peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – and of course, complete and utter darkness. You don’t want to miss this.
“Part of me was like… Why the fuck am I here? What am I doing? What is this?” – Krista Williams, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- What is a darkness retreat?
- Setting her intentions
- Patience with bodywork (5+ hrs/day)
- Waves of rage, grief, and sadness
- Logistics, food, and environment
- Sleeping and how to determine time
- Letting it rip on Day 1
- The peace of Day 2
- Emotional release on Day 3
- Taking the goggles off
- Integration and lessons learned
BetterHelp | This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. Give online therapy a try and get on your way to being your best self. Visit BetterHelp.com/ALMOST30 today to get 10% off your first month.
EquiLife | Listeners get $100 off the Minerals & Metals At-Home Lab Test at stephencabral.com/almost30.
HigherDOSE | Use code ‘ALMOST30’ for 15% off sitewide at higherdose.com.
Lululemon | Set joy in motion this holiday season at Lululemon.com.
- Read: The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk
- Sky Cave Retreats: @skycaveretreats
- Website: skycaveretreats.com
Join our community:
- Decoding Your Gene Keys and Playing in a Vibrational Reality with Blu #556
- How an Empath Can Take Their Power Back and Fulfill Their Purpose #548
- Aubrey Marcus: Outrageous Love and Radical Paradox #534
- Use This Method for a Better Relationship with Your Body #522
- The Journey of Body Acceptance #318
- Krista Williams on Her Silent Retreat Experience #256
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.