Drop in for this mind-expanding conversation between Krista and Scott Berman, of Sky Cave Retreats in Oregon, to learn all about the hidden power of the dark, its ancestral lineage in healing and spirituality, and the life-changing practice of darkness retreats – an experience Krista takes in for herself soon after this interview and one which will be discussed in the next episode of Almost 30, later this week.
Total Darkness: Scott Berman Helps Us Reach a New Depth of Presence
Scott is well versed in this mystic field, having spent extensive time in solitude, silence, and of course – in the dark as a means to soften into his own existence and understand the world’s collective song.
He shares a few eye-opening stories from recent participants, explains some of the neurology behind darkness and how it affects our brain, and sets our expectations for darkness retreats – by removing them completely.
“What is special is always present.” – Scott Berman, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- Why would someone do a Darkness retreat?
- Heart intention vs. ego intentions
- Delving into darkness retreats
- How men and women experience darkness
- Lineage of darkness retreats
- Moving through grief
- Preparation and integration
- The neuroscience behind darkness
- Exploring the depths of softness
- Satisfaction, healing, and spirituality
- Letting go of expectation
- Instagram: @scottfreeiam
- Sky Cave Retreats: @skycaveretreats
- Website: skycaveretreats.com
- Podcast: Conversations with Darkness
Athletic Greens | Visit athleticgreens.com/almost30 to take control of your health.
Manscaped | Get 20% off AND free shipping at Manscaped.com/Almost30.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.