Drop in and open your heart for this warm hug of an episode as the amazing author and psychologist, Dr. Thema Bryant, walks us through the most relatable and actionable self-help practices you’ll ever come across. K + L get personal with their own experiences and lessons from therapy during this truthful, energetic, and enlightening episode.
Don’t Miss the Most Relatable & Actionable Self-Help Practices You’ll Ever Come Across
Dr. Thema helps us unpack the impact of social media on our sense of self, explaining the nuance to how and why narcissism seems (it actually isn’t!) so apparent in the space. We also learn how the most outward and seemingly self-promotional actions can actually be manifestations of shame, fear, and guilt – and how to understand that dynamic in yourself and in others.
“If you have landed in a place where the world is on your shoulders, give yourself permission to put it down.” – Dr. Thema Bryant, Almost 30 Podcast
How to live more authentically, foster more meaningful relationships, avoid the pitfalls of self-erasure, and process the endless wave of Insta therapy – you don’t want to miss it.
We also talk about:
- Unpacking nuggets of information for what they mean to you
- K + L share therapy experiences
- Self-erasure and how we trick ourselves into it
- Reintroducing yourself – as yourself
- Learning love languages
- Showing love during times of conflict
- Is everyone a narcissist?
- The intersection between therapy and spirituality
- Inspiration for her new book
Watch and subscribe on YouTube!
- Read: Homecoming by Dr. Thema Bryant
- Listen: Homecoming Podcast
- Website: https://drthema.com
Get discount codes sent directly to your phone. Simply text brand name or keyword to 380-600-3030
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments