What do you feel when you look at yourself in the mirror?
In 2020, Mel Robbins found herself spiraling with panic and fear in the thick of the pandemic. It was the same panic and anxiety she felt when her entire world fell apart in 2008, and she found herself knee-deep in $800,000 of debt.. She saw herself in the mirror, raised her hand, and gave herself a high-five. She did it again the next day and the day after that. Her fear subsided, and The High 5 Habit was born.
Mel Robbins Explains Why Adding a High Five to Your Morning Routine Can Shift Your Mindset for Life.
Mel Robbins is living proof that breakdowns lead to breakthroughs. Yet even with financial success, recognition, and all other societal markers of success, you can still feel jealous, hurt, triggered, and helpless. Throughout all of it, you deserve a pat on the back, or better yet, a high five in the mirror.
In this episode, Mel shares the science behind the simple act of raising your hands, stressing the importance of celebrating the small wins and why one effortless, free, and slightly cringe-inducing action, can change the course of your day.
“You’re one decision away from a totally different life.” – Mel Robbins, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- How she birthed The High 5 Habit and the science behind it
- Conquering resistance and negative self-talk
- Feeling loveable and celebrating small triumphs
- How to use jealousy as a signal for self-discovery
- Why being kind to yourself is everything
- Her financial rock bottom that changed everything
- Creating The Five Second Rule
- Liberating ourselves from the stories we create
- Join the High Five Challenge: high5challenge.com
- Read: The High 5 Habit: Take Control of Your Life with One Simple Habit
- Website: melrobbins.com
- Instagram: @melrobbins
Watch and subscribe on YouTube:
- FLEX | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off Flex disc starter kits or 10% off your first Flex cup + free shipping at flexfits.com/almost30
- Dropps | Save 25% off your first purchase using promo code “ALMOST30” at dropps.com
- Thrive Market | Use code ALMOST30 to save $20 off your first order and a free gift. Visit thrivemarket.com/almost30
- Base | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first month of membership. Vist get-base.com/almost30
- Monday.com | Sign up for a free two-week trial at monday.com
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.