Late in her life, Lindsey had the realization that she deeply deserved discipline. Creative types like to tell themselves that any sort of structure or discipline is only going to hinder and restrict their creativity. But, actually, creativity is like a puppy: You have to train it in order for it to be happy and feel safe. Lindsey dives into her journey to create discipline around her music, art, and self-expression, and how this process allowed her to trust herself more, feel more inspired, and create momentum in her life. She also gives tactical ways in which you can build discipline into your life to help you create that thing you keep pushing down the to-do list.
We also talk about:
- Being allergic to discipline
- Lindsey’s early experiences with discipline
- The meaning of discipline
- The purpose of discipline
- Ways you can practice discipline in your own life
- Instagram: @lindseysimcik
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp.
- Thrive Market | Use code ALMOST30 to save 25% off your first order. Visit thrivemarket.com/almost30 to peep and purchase our morning ritual essentials!
- HUM Nutrition | Use code ALMOST30NATION for 15% off at humnutrition.com
- GoMacro Bars | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at gomacro.com
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments