Jeannette Ogden, the force behind “Shut the Kale Up”, joins us today for a very candid, honest conversation. Jeanette started the blog as a conversation around how she overcame her disordered eating – it has become a trusted resource for tens of thousands to relate, learn and grow on their health journey’s. Today she shares intimate stories from her life that have made her who she is today, including her struggles with disordered eating, growing up with an alcoholic mother, overcoming debt and the real-real of motherhood. She has curated such a beautiful, natural, connected life, and if you aren’t already, you are going to fall in love with her.
We talk about:
- Understanding your priorities in a relationship
- Having a model for your relationships
- Jeannette’s experience with an eating disorder
- How to take perspective of your health as an influencer
- The process of overcoming disorder and addiction
- When Shut the Kale Up was born
- How she healed from alcoholism
- Teaching her kids to be more honest
- Having a natural birth
- Caring less about what other people think about you
- Book of the Month | Get your first book for $9.99 with code ALMOST30 at www.bookofthemonth.com
- Lola | For 30% off your first month’s subscription, visit mylola.com and enter ALMOST2020 when you subscribe!
- Better Help | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month.
- BLUblox | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at blublox.com/?rfsn=3584362.77408a
- Riled Up | You can listen to Riled Up every Tuesday and Thursday on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and anywhere you listen to podcasts. And, if you don’t already follow Matt and Arielle, find them on Instagram @MattCutshall and @Arielle