We are honored to have had many powerful conversations with the black women featured in this episode. They are teachers, leaders, writers, activists, travelers, artists, mothers, wives,and daughters. We invite you to reflect, listen, learn, and act on the advice, experience and teachings from the voices you hear in this episode as we all come together in this revolution, to fight against racism and injustice.. You will hear from Angela Manuel-Davis, Lalah Delia, Larayia Gaston, Rachel Cargle, Bola Sokunbi, Lauren Ash, Lizzy Jeff, Evita Robinson, Jehmu Greene, and Luvvie Ajayi — each a unique, motivating, compelling voice in this world that we are proud to amplify.
We also talk about:
- Exploring our purpose
- Figuring out what ways you can serve a cause
- Not excusing the abuse black people have faced
- How just living can be a revolution
- The importance of black women learning to talk about money
- Modeling self-care
- Being a product of racial injustice
- How the travel industry does not see black people
- Teaching people about their unconscious biases
- How we have to do better
- Bonus – Angela Manuel-Davis on Holding Space, Feeling Worthy + Living on Purpose at Propel CoLabs Fitness Festival
- Ep. 259 – LaRayia Gaston on Breaking Stigmas Around Homelessness + Healing with Radical Love
- @clevergirlfinance + @bolasokunbi
- Ep. 301 – Roadmap to Financial Freedom with Clever Girl Finance Founder, Bola Sokunbi
- @blackgirlinom + @hellolaurenash
- Bonus – Lauren Ash on The Power of Sisterhood, Setting Intentions + Preventative Self-Care at Propel CoLabs Fitness Festival
- Ep. 223 – Lizzy Jeff: The Queen of Cannabis on Stepping Into Your Greatness + Connecting to Your Body
- Ep. 153 NOMADNESS: Creating a Tribe + Movement for People of Color Who Travel – with Evita Robinson
@alaffia handcrafts award-winning clean, green skin and hair care with fair trade ingredients that support community empowerment projects in West Africa. They offer a wide range of products including shampoo, soap, body wash, toning mist, lotion and more for both kids and adults. These products contain the MADE SAFE seal, the only nontoxic certification that applies to products used daily. The Alaffia Foundation (TAF) is a 501(c)3 organization. TAF’s mission is to empower African communities through the advancement of Fair Trade, education, sustainable living and gender equality. Alaffia also provides equal opportunity jobs all over the world through Fair Trade, in Africa and the U.S.
Shop at: https://www.alaffia.com/
- Birch Living | Receive $200 off any Birch mattress by visiting birchliving.com/almost30
- YouVeda | Use code ALMOST30 for 35% at youveda.com.
- Perfect Keto | Go to www.perfectketo.com/almost30 to use code ALMOST30 for 20% off + Free Shipping.
- Better Help | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments