Please welcome author and founder of Careergasm, Sarah Vermunt! As a previous guest on the show, she is back to share insights and BS free advice from her new book, Career Rookie. We start off by discussing how job-hopping in your early 20s is actually a good thing, and Sarah gives advice on how to set yourself up for success in your career. We dive into the reasons people end up feeling stuck, and how you need to take action to build confidence and move forward! And if you’re struggling with balancing money-making with the desire to do work that feels good, Sarah has you covered.
If you’re a student, graduate, career newbie, or in the process of switching careers, you don’t want to miss this conversation!
We also talk about:
- Handling parental stress when living at home
- Over-identifying with your career
- Two ways to bring inspiration to your job
- Getting a “just for now” job
- Debt of gratitude and obligation for parents
- Tips for salary negotiation and asking for a raise
- Building professional relationships & asking for mentorship
- How to fix “mess ups” at work
- The intertwining of career & personal development
- October 29th: Washington D.C. with Heidi Stevens
- October 30th: Philadelphia with K&L
- November 26th: Melbourne with Rosie Acosta
- November 28th: Sydney with Jessica Sepel
- December 7th: Los Angeles with K&L
- December 12th: Miami with K&L
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- Comrad Socks | Visit comradsocks.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 20% off your first order.
- Better Help | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month.
- Rothy’s | Visit rothys.com/almost30 to get your new favorite flats!
- Further Food | Use code ALMOST30 for 30% off your purchase at shop.furtherfood.com/discount/ALMOST30