Today’s conversation highlights how the heartbreaking “no’s” we receive in life can take us in a better and more meaningful direction. Our guest is Sheri Salata, whose humor and wild spirit is infectious. After a twenty year career as the Executive Producer of The Oprah Winfrey Show, Sheri is now the author of The Beautiful No, co-host of The Sheri + Nancy Show, and co-founder of thepillarlife.com.
Our conversation begins with an emotional recounting of when Sheri’s brother passed away suddenly from a heart attack nine years ago. For years, she avoided processing her grief by immersing herself in work and caring for family. She shares the ways she was able to move through her grief by deepening her spirituality and making self-care a top priority every single day.
Sheri’s humor and honesty as she reflects on every single job she’s had, how each one has made her who she is today as an entrepreneur, and how the No’s ultimately gave her everything she needed to succeed, one lesson at a time. From managing a convenience store and a toy store, to working as a secretary. Sheri has started over and felt lost countless times, but kept searching for something to fill her with meaning. At age 35, she landed an entry level job at The Oprah Winfrey Show, and finally found what she was searching for—purpose.
We also talk about:
- Using gratitude for your growth
- Importance of dreaming and creating
- Uplifting others, seeing their potential and verbalizing it
- Being choosy about who you share your space with
- Cherishing our bodies in a deliberate way
- Sheri’s decision to have a plant-based diet
- Learn more: thepillarlife.com
- Instagram: @sherisalata
- Listen: The Sheri + Nancy Show
- Book: The Beautiful No
- July 27th: San Francisco with Lacy Phillips
- August 17th: The Workshop by PodcastPro in Los Angeles with K + L
- September 12th: Los Angeles with Nicole Lapin
- HUM Nutrition | Use code ALMOST30NATION for 15% off at humnutrition.com
- Ana Luisa | Use code ALMOST30 for $10 off a $50 order at analuisa.com
- Athletic Greens | Get 20 travel packs FREE ($79 value) with your first purchase at www.athleticgreens.com/almost30
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
- Article | www.article.com/ALMOST30 for $50 off a purchase of $100 or more
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almost30 and use code ALMOST30 for $60 off your first order