If you’ve ever struggled with substance abuse, or are the loved one of someone with addiction problems, today’s transformational episode is for you. We are joined with Khalil Rafati, author of I Forgot to Die, owner of SunLife Organics, and founder of the transitional living facility, Riviera Recovery.
The son of immigrants, Khalil describes his childhood, especially school, as riddled with racism and bullying. At home, he dealt with violence, neglect, and sexual abuse, which triggered decades of self-hatred. Khalil found alcohol and marijuana at a young age, eventually dropped out of high-school, and found himself in a downward spiral of heroin and cocaine abuse.
At 33 years old and 109 pounds, living on Skid Row in Los Angeles, he decided to get sober. He takes us back to the moment that he chose life over death and we get an in depth, raw look at his journey to overcome addiction.Khalil also shares his thoughts on money’s role in happiness,his relationship with God, and his love of crystals.
Be on the lookout for his second book (working title of Remembering to Live) and upcoming documentary, as well as SunLife Organics smoothie/juice bars opening near you!
We also talk about:
- Transforming life & health through food and nutrition
- Khalil’s rituals and self-care routine
- Astral projection experience as a child
- The dangers of EMF & ways to block it
- How media and music influence & desensitize us
- July 27th: San Francisco with Lacy Phillips
- August 17th: The Workshop by PodcastPro in Los Angeles with K + L
- Silver Fern | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off your first order at silverfernbrand.com
- Cured Nutrition | ALMOST30 for $10 off $50 or more at curednutrition.com
- Calm | Get 25% off a Calm premium subscription at www.calm.com/almost30
- Pair of Thieves | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off first order at pairofthieves.com/almost30
- Simple Contacts | Use code ALMOST to save $20 at simplecontacts.com/almost