Glad we got her on show before she fricken blows up around the world because ISABELLE is a superstar inside and out. This week we are joined by Isabelle Pasquelone, born and raised in Atlanta, she’s a singer, body positivity activist, and former American Idol contestant. Growing up, she was the “singer chick”, who was always, always, always singing, starting voice lessons at 7 years old. For college, she attended the prestigious Berklee College of Music, the only college she applied to BTW (*snaps for Isabelle), where she created a vast network for herself, learned traditional songwriting and the craft as a whole, and never regretted her decision.
Basically, we dive into her music-based WORLD, including her …
- experience with AMERICAN IDOL – how she never wanted to audition, got to the top 20 women finalists, how the whole thing is very unrealistic, and what it did for her career
- HOPES and EXPECTATIONS on making it + her career during American Idol
- the deep knowing of the outcomes of your experiences + opportunities
- time on BROADWAY – and the up’s and down’s of that life
- move to LOS ANGELES, like many of our amazing guests
- new song UNLABELED, the music video, + how it stemmed from being told she was “too big” to be a singer or to be in Hollywood
- real issues behind being a BODY POSITIVITY ACTIVIST – like Isabelle and Danika Brysha
- solutions and optimism for building body positivity, whether you’re bigger, smaller, older, younger, and anything in between
- ability to FEED HER CREATIVITY
- response to people saying she’s so “brave” for just being her
- take on PHOTOSHOP (*thumbs DOWN)
SO MANY QUOTABLE GOODIES in this episode #Almost30Nation! We hope you feel as inspired as we do by our conversations with Isabelle.
Isabelle Music website