Krista and Lindsey are so excited to welcome Kimberly Rae Miller to the podcast this week! #Almost30nation listeners who attended the “Love Your Body” event got to read Kimberly’s new book Beautiful Bodies before anyone else! The response has been, well, beautiful. Kimberly brings a balanced dose of humor, curiosity, depth, and vulnerability to the body positive space.
As a child model, she became aware of her body at a very young age. Kimberly shares what it was like dieting alongside her mom to prepare for a beauty pageant, how her obsession with being perfect stemmed from her father’s hoarding, and how the exhaustion with ALL of this eventually inspired her to examine the connection between her upbringing and her relationship with her body. We unwrap:
- How being honest about your broken parts opens up a healing conversation
- Her first book “Coming Clean”, a memoir about her upbringing in a hoarder’s household
- Why she owes her entire career to her poor relationship with her body
- How a miscarriage showed her how to be compassionate with her body
- How her exhaustion with the obsession of losing weight inspired her to look beyond her body and seek MORE
- Highlights from and insight on her new book, Beautiful Bodies, which is a thoughtful blend of memoir and social history.
FAM, we have all had negative self talk at one time or another. A thought that buries itself so deep in our subconscious that it creates this alternate reality where we are not good enough. Well we hope this episode assures you that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. What you are feeling or have felt, someone else has felt that too. Kimberly is so honest and candid, we can’t wait for you to connect with her. Take a deep breath of gratitude for that body of yours. IT IS AH-MAZING. Happy listening, babies!