We are so thrilled to welcome back to the show, Jay Shetty, #1 New York Times bestselling author, award-winning storyteller, podcast host, and former monk, dedicated to helping people train their mind for peace and purpose every day. He recently released his second book, “8 Rules of Love: How to Find It, Keep It, and Let It Go.”
Jay Shetty Reveals the Three Components of A Lasting Relationship
The truth is, nobody sits down and teaches us love—how to give and fully receive it. Oftentimes, our idea of romance is based on pop culture or movies, but love is nuanced and should be cherished and cultivated. All too often, people feel lonely (even when in a relationship) and lack the fundamental tools needed to make their partnerships last.
That’s why in this episode, Jay and Krista go deep and talk about specific, actionable steps to help you develop the skills to practice and nurture love, so that you can better love yourself, others and the world around you.
“If you really love someone, know that they have something to teach you.” – Jay Shetty, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- Why many people feel lonely in relationship
- Cultural expectations of love
- How social media and pop culture have perpetuated a false sense of love
- The difference between solitude and loneliness
- What love is not (Hint: attraction, attention seeking, validation and control)
- Defining love through three main components
- How to grow with your partner (even if you’re growing at a different pace)
- The varying roles in a relationship—”fixer,” “dependent,” and “supporter”
Jay’s second book, 8 Rules of Love is available for purchase at 8RulesofLove.com and wherever books are sold! To catch Jay on his first ever global tour ‘Love Rules’, go to JayShettyTour.com for tickets. Follow Jay on Instagram and subscribe to his podcast On Purpose.
- Read: Eight Rules Of Love by Jay Shetty
- Website: JayShetty.me
- Instagram: @JayShetty
- YouTube: Jay Shetty
- TikTok: @Jayshetty
- Twitter: @Jayshetty
- Facebook: @JayShetty
- Podcast: On Purpose with Jay Shetty
Cymbiotika | Use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 15% off your first purchase at cymbiotika.com/discount/ALMOST30.
Analemma | Use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 15% off your first purchase at coherent-water.com
Sacredness of Being Single | Visit sacrednessofbingsingle.com for support, community and resources during your single season.
Jenni Kayne | Find your forever pieces @jennikayne and get 15% off with promo code ALMOST30 at jennikayne.com/ALMOST30!
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.