Sex carries so much currency in our internal and external landscapes. For many, sexuality is cloaked in shame, fear, or heady expectations that leave us feeling short-changed and disempowered. Fortunately, the tides are shifting with the help of pioneers like Dr. Kate Balestrieri, a sex therapist helping people integrate the physical and emotional components of sex, sexuality, and relationships.
Sex Therapist and Psychologist, Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Unpacks What it Means to Feel Sexually Embodied & How You Can Support Your Libido in 2022
True sexual embodiment is a journey, not a destination (the same can be said for orgasms). This conversation undresses all the topics you’ve probably been thinking about but were too scared to utter out loud. Krista, Lindsey, and Dr. Kate candidly untangle the narratives surrounding porn, patriarchy, and partnerships while boldly confronting the common intimacy challenges in modern relationships today.
“We have been conditioned to think that a woman who has some power around her body or sexuality is evil, bad, damaged – and that’s just a narrative that I don’t subscribe to.” – Dr. Kate Balestrieri, Sex Therapist
We also talk about:
- How the nervous system affects pleasure
- Navigating expectations around sex
- Exploring blocks in partnership
- Why couples therapy works
- The spectrum of sex positivity
- Patriarchy and internalized misogyny
- Desire, fetish, and ethical porn
- Tips for elevating your sexual practice
- Processing sexual trauma
- Website: modernintimacy.com
- Instagram: @drkatebalestrieri
- TikTok: @drkatebalestrieri
- “The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire” by David Deida
- “Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner’s Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship” by Stan Tatkin
Watch and subscribe on YouTube:
- Episode 453: Unlocking Your Sacred Sexuality
- BLOG: Episode 453
- VIDEO: Episode 453
- Episode 452: Sex, Stress, and Sleep: Empowering Women to Take Control
- BLOG: Episode 452
- VIDEO: Episode 452
Get discount codes sent directly to your phone. Simply text brand name or keyword to 380-600-3030
- Zocdoc | Search for local doctors who take your insurance. Download the Zocdoc app for free at zocdoc.com/almost30.
- FX Chocolate | Go to FXchocolate.com and enter code “ALMOST30” for 20% off.
- Bite | Get 20% off your first subscription order at trybite.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 at checkout.
- Each & Every | Get 30% off your first purchase at eachandevery.com/almost30 and use the code “ALMOST30”at checkout.
- Earth & Star | Use the code ALMOST30 for 15% off your first order at earthandstar.com.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments