Krista reflects on her wedding, including the lead-up to the ceremony and the takeaways from the emotionally charged event
By tying the knot, Krista had to untie herself from the anti-marriage narrative she had lived since childhood. She had to redefine what a sacred union meant to her and Justin as a spiritually-evolved couple.
In this episode, Krista shares how she moved away from tradition to tap into the natural flow of the day; from getting ready alone and adding intentional moments to the ceremony, to allowing herself to sit in the more somber shades of such an emotionally heightened experience.
We also talk about:
- Emotions and challenges coming up, pre-wedding
- Navigating the guest list and feelings of disappointment
- How she made the ceremony personal
- Surrendering to the moment and celebrating (real) life in vows
- The spiritual components to the wedding
- Creating space to grieve on “the best day of your life”
- The aligned timing of the wedding and getting back into real life
- Thrive Market | Use code “ALMOST30” to save $20 off your first order and a free gift. Visit thrivemarket.com/almost30 to peep and purchase our morning ritual essentials too!
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp.
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almostsakara and use code “ALMOSTSAKARA” for 20% off your first order
- Feals Become a member today by going to Feals.com/almost30 and you’ll get 50% off your first order with free shipping.
- FLEX | Use code “ALMOST30” for 20% off $15 purchase (3-month supply) flexfits.com/almost30
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting https://almost30.com/disclaimer