Your brain changes when you’re on birth control, that’s just the reality of it.
Unpacking the Pill: Sarah E. Hill on the History and Reality of Hormonal Birth Control
The conversation around birth control and contraception, and even fertility, is one we’ve been having for a while on the podcast. It’s an incredibly complex subject and one we’re excited to delve further into with Dr. Sarah E. Hill.
Dr. Sarah is the author of Your Brain On Birth Control, and she’s one the world’s foremost leaders on women’s health, especially as it relates to hormonal birth control and what influence it has on our bodies, our brains, and our lives.
“Coming off of birth control turned my view of myself upside down.” – Sarah E. Hill, Almost 30 Podcast
Our goal with this one is not to shame anyone that’s on birth control, or an IUD, or whatever works best for you. Our goal is to always bring you leading-edge, curious conversations that empower you to explore these topics and concepts on your own – in your sovereignty – and then make the best decision that works for you.
We also talk about:
- Your brain on birth control
- Lifting the veil
- Birth control and feminism
- Social dynamic of going on the pill
- The science of synthetic hormones
- Learning about estrogen
- Partner preferences, on vs. off
- True or false? Cycle syncing
- Birth control, cortisol, and stress
- Downstream impact on genetics
- Tips for transitioning from birth control
- Trusting your intuition
- Website: sarahehill.com
- Instagram: @sarahehillphd
- Read: This Is Your Brain On Birth Control
- Natural Cycles: naturalcycles.com
- Flo: flo.health
- Oura Ring: ouraring.com
- Read: Beyond the Pill by Jolene Brighten
- Read: Period Repair Manual by Lara Briden Nd
Join our community:
JS Health | Head to jshealthvitamins.com and use special discount code ‘ALMOST30’ for 15% off!
Sakara | Sakara is offering our listeners 20% off their first order when they go to sakara.com/almostsakara or enter the code ALMOSTSAKARA at checkout.
OuraRing | Visit OuraRing.com/almost30 to find the right ring for you and get $15 off your purchase.
Open | Download the Open app today and use code ‘ALMOST30’ to get your first 30 days totally free, at withopen.com/ALMOST30.
- The Business of Birth Control with Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein #527
- Biohacking Your Hormones with Alisa Vitti #293
- CRAZY SEXY HORMONES: How They Affect EVERYTHING in your life. Interview with Candace Burch #35
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments