In this episode, Krista shares her journey with alcohol consumption, and why she stopped drinking alcohol during her spiritual awakening when she was 26 years old. She also dives into what she noticed about herself, others and the world while she was still drinking versus what she noticed when she adopted a sober-living lifestyle.
Krista’s wake up call experience: Why she felt a lack of connection mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually while drinking.
Krista shares her heart—how she yearned for more than just surface-level conversations, as well as how we should be thoughtful and truthful with ourselves about how we’re spending our time when we want to pursue our dreams and live a life we love.
“When I made the shift to stop drinking, I had so much more time for my dreams, life, manifestations, creativity and self-care.” Krista Williams, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- Awakening moments in our life
- Negative perceptions of being wasted
- Struggles of anxiety and depression from a young age
- Familiarity with suicidal ideatations
- The experience of a spiritual awakening
- Drinking to fit in
- Benefits of not drinking alcohol
- Bacteria degeneration of food from alcohol
Seed | Visit seed.com/ALMOST30 to redeem 20% off your first month of Seed’s DS-01™ Daily Synbiotic with code ALMOST30.
Sahajan | Visit sahajan.com and use code ‘ALMOST30’ for 20% off your first purchase.
BetterHelp | Visit BetterHelp.com/ALMOST30 today to get 10% off your first month.
Daily Harvest | Go to dailyharvest.com/almost30 to get up to $40 off your first box!
Join our community:
- Rich Roll Makes His Process Public: Purpose, Sobriety and Partnership #521
- Addiction Recovery + Celebrating Evolution with Arielle Lorre #420
- Jen Gotch on the Upside of Being Down #309
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.