Do you ever feel like there are a few different versions of yourself that come out during certain situations? In some recent therapy work, Krista has learned that… well, maybe there are.
In this episode, she takes Almost 30 nation into her personal therapy journey, unpacking her self-leadership work using the Internal Family System (IFS) method to identify, observe, respect, and understand the distinct parts of her being that protect and project less-than-ideal behavior, especially as it relates to her body acceptance.
Learn How to Seek Your Inner Beings Through Internal Family Systems (IFS)
We meet the Manager, the Firefighter, and the Exile. But, no parts of us are bad. This is an important caveat to remember. Meeting and understanding these different forces within us is what helps us observe our lives and environments for ways we may encourage, or discourage, their appearances in place of Self, our highest and most pure form.
This one goes deep, and invites us to look within ourselves for a different perspective, or two, on who we are, and why. Enjoy.
“I started to imagine a world where I didn’t diet, or talk about my body, or count calories – where I wasn’t at war with my body and trying to fix myself.” – Krista Williams, Almost 30 Podcast
We also talk about:
- Check ins on projects and processing long creative gestation periods
- Krista shares her body acceptance journey
- Introducing Internal Family Systems (IFS) method
- The manager, keeping you busy, productive, and distracted
- The firefighter, doing whatever it takes to bring you to equilibrium
- Exiles, forgotten and missing parts of your past and present
- Understanding and acknowledging their roles
- Feeling their love and working in unison with Self
Watch and subscribe on YouTube:
- EPISODE: 415. Body Acceptance Roundtable
- EPISODE: 342. Five Tips for Body Acceptance
- BLOG: Krista Williams’ Body Acceptance Journey + 5 Tips
- BLOG: Best Episodes on Self-Love, Body Acceptance, & Wellbeing
- BLOG: Krista’s Full-Body Vacation Reset + The Results She Saw
Manscaped | Head to manscaped.com and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off plus free shipping
Evite | Head over to Evite.com/Almost30 to choose from thousands of design options to create and send invitations for free.
LMNT | New customers get a free LMNT sample pack at DrinkLMNT.com/Almost30
Hum Nutrition | Get 20% off first orders of $29 or more with code ALMOST30
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments