We’re trapped in a web of narratives. Right now, the United States is crippled by an obesity epidemic that’s getting bigger, made worse by the endless wave of related “facts” coming at us from every screen.
If there is a pill for every ill, why are we so sick?
Shawn Stevenson Shows Almost 30 Nation How to Create a Unique Model of Health, Happiness & Success
Shawn Stevenson has been on a 20-year mission to learn and research where we went wrong and how we can get out of this mess. Forget about “burning fat” and instead learn the facts that will free us from this prison of chronic illness. Shawn’s exit strategy is to share information from an objective place, without an agenda, and truly respect the human body as a complex lab.
Your value is not based on a number. Fat is not your enemy, it’s more of an overprotective parent. Let’s step back, look within, and see what we find.
“The human body isn’t a calculator, it’s a dynamic chemistry lab.”
Shawn Stevenson, The Model Health Show
We also talk about:
- The current state of health
- A nuanced approach to obesity and weight loss
- Fat: what it is and why we need it
- Gut health and immunity
- The biology of fear
- How do we move forward?
- The Model Health Show Podcast
- Read: Eat Smarter: The Ultimate Guide to Upgrading Your Mind And Body
- Website: themodelhealthshow.com
- Instagram: @shawnmodel
- Obesity Rate: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/obesity-and-overweight
- Twin Studies: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejm199005243222102
- Epicaloric control: https://themodelhealthshow.com/7-factors-control-calories/
- The Microbiome Solution: https://themodelhealthshow.com/the-microbiome-solution/
- Covid + Obesity: https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7010e4.htm
- What is stress and fear doing to our immune systems?: https://themodelhealthshow.com/dr-bruce-lipton/
- Statin link to increased risk of Diabetes: https://www.uspharmacist.com/article/statins-heighten-type-2-diabetes-risk-30-in-susceptible-patients
- Ohio State University study on Blood Sugar and Compassion: https://news.osu.edu/lashing-out-at-your-spouse-check-your-blood-sugar/
- Inmate study on link between nutrition and aggression: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7551402/
Watch and subscribe on YouTube:
Get discount codes sent directly to your phone. Simply text brand name or keyword to 380-600-3030
- NutriBullet | Use code “ALMOST30NATION” for 20% off at nutribullet.com
- Beekeeper’s Naturals | Go to beekeepersnaturals.com/almost30 or use code ALMOST30 for 25% off your first order.
- BetterHelp | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 10% off your first month. As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive compensation from BetterHelp if you purchase products or services through the links provided. This podcast is sponsored by BetterHelp.
- House of Wise | Use code “ALMOST30” for $20 off your order at houseofwise.co
- EM Cosmetics | Go to emcosmetics.com/almost30 for 15% off your first purchase.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media.
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments