Dr. Laurie Santos teaches a course at Yale called Psychology on the Good Life that was inspired by her experience with her college students and their depression. She took a microscope to happiness, breaking down the why and how so that she could create science-based, tactical strategies for staying happy. Dr. Santos makes it so easy to understand the value of what people usually see as “fluff.” We talk about how to honor those who are struggling (while still maintaining our own sovereignty and happiness), the importance of a wealth of time versus money, and how meditation is a happiness cheat code.
We also talk about:
- Adopting new social norms
- Why we crave social connection
- The hard part of happiness
- The causal effects of happiness
- The correlation between income and happiness level
- The importance of attitude, mindset, and behavior
- Time over money
- What we put in our body and how that affects our happiness
- Meditation as a happiness panacea
- Instagram: instagram.com/santoslaurie
- Twitter: twitter.com/lauriesantos
- The Happiness Lab Podcast: happinesslab.fm
- Enroll for FREE in Dr. Santos’ course: The Science of Well-Being
- Check out the lineup for upcoming workshops in our New Paradigm Digital Series: almost30.com/new-paradigm
- Looking for some Inner Peace in this uncertain time? We’ve got you with our brand new Inner Peace Program: shopalmost30.com
- Acuity Scheduling | Get a 45-day extended free trial by going to https://acuityscheduling.com/almost30.
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almost30 and use code ALMOST30 for $60 off your first order
- Podcast Pro | Visit www.yourpodcastpro.com for courses that will take you step-by-step through the process of starting your own podcast.
- BLUblox | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at blublox.com/?rfsn=3584362.77408a