CATCH UP WITH K + L
As 2019 is wrapping up, so have their live shows! K + L reflect on how they’ve been feeling since their tour ended, along with being conscious and intentional with gifts this holiday season. Find out some items on their wish lists (they are all about organization and function), and brands they are gifting this year.
Buckle up for today’s insightful episode with the founder and CEO of BLUblox, Andy Mant! We are huge fans of BLUblox, which provide evidence based products and resources around blue light. Andy is a wealth of knowledge on how light affects our hormones and overall health, and today he shares that with us.
We kick it off with Andy sharing why we should avoid eating all of our meals under artificial light. He explains the problem with most blue blocker glasses on the market, and the different types of light we need throughout the day. Andy reveals the benefits of watching the sunrise and sunset, and the connection between melanin production and UV protection. We talk about hormones, breast milk, and how this can affect a babies sleep cycle.
Andy gives us the run-down on EMFs—what they are and how they harm our health. We also dive into how artificial light affects the nutritional content of plants, and Andy shares his experience on the carnivore diet. We ask him to share a play by play of his day, and he also gives actionable tips you can begin today!
We also talk about:
- The best way to do intermittent fasting
- What time of the day to eat and how much
- When and when not to wear sunscreen
- The problems with melatonin supplementation
- Hacks for flying and beating jet lag
- Grounding shoes
- Looking for new makeup or travel bags? Cuyana leather bags are on our wish lists this holiday season!
- We love CAUSEBOX! They are thoughtfully curated boxes including products from charitable brands.
- Learn more: blublox.com (use code ALMOST30)
- Blogs for Reference: Blue Light and Our Skin, Chrononutrition for Babies and Circadian Rhythms of Female Reproductive Hormones ; The Ultimate Formula to Beat Jet Lag ; Meal Timing and Circadian Entrainment
- Instagram: @blubloxofficial
- Facebook Group: Light and Health
- February 29th: Malibu, CA with Jenna Zoe
- Rael | Go to getrael.com/collections/rael-and-almost-30 and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off.
- Teachable | Visit teachable.com/almost30 to get 1 month of Teachable Pro Plan FREE!
- Foria | Visit foriawellness.com and use code ALMOST30 for 20% off
- Catalina Crunch | Visit us.catalinacrunch.com/ and use code ALMOST30 for 10% off
- Perfect Snacks | Visit www.perfectbar.com/almost30 for 15% off the perfect bar