CATCH UP WITH K + L
Today’s episode begins with K + L talking about moving your body and releasing emotions! Krista shares her airplane bathroom experience, and Justin’s wtf reaction to her suggesting he scream into a pillow. The ladies then reflect on the Divine Feminine Reawakening ceremony that took place at the Calamigos Ranch in Malibu. It was a day of connecting, healing, intuitive movement, and a beautiful cacao ceremony for opening the heart. K + L gush over the amazing plant-based menu from the day… L found herself sneaking a cookie in her pocket for later, duh.
Today we had the pleasure of interviewing Dr. Stephen Cabral! He’s a naturopathic doctor, Ayurvedic functional medicine and integrative health practitioner, and author of The Rain Barrel Effect. Dr. Cabral begins by explaining the difference between Eastern and Western medicine, and stresses the need to have both a natural health practitioner and medical doctor. He shares the health issues he struggled with, like Addison’s disease, which led him into functional and naturopathic medicine. Our conversation then covers a whole host of wellness topics—from hormone imbalance, mind-body connection, anxiety and supplements, toxins in skincare and food, and Ayurvedic doshas. We ask about alcohol’s effect on the body, how it affects sleep, and if you’re going to drink, when’s the best time. At the end, Dr. Cabral explains when women should begin preparing their bodies for pregnancy and the big five labs to get done. He is truly a wealth of knowledge, so get your notebooks out!
We also talk about:
- Hormonal imbalance and cortisol levels
- How cortisol affects sugar levels
- Examples of deficiency leading to anxiety
- When people should begin to supplement
- The different types of labs to look at your vitamin levels
- Steps to take to learn more about your food sensitivities
- The clean fifteen and the dirty dozen lists for pesticides
- What we’ve learned from The Blue Zones about health
- How carbs and protein affect cortisol levels
- Ayurvedic doshas, body types, and mental state
- Research Dr. Stephen is passionate about
- A huge THANK YOU to healers Felicity Weston and Josie for leading the Divine Feminine Reawakening, and to all the amazing women who attended. We appreciate you and love our forever, sisterly connection! Visit Josie at elevenhealing.com, follow Felicity on Instagram @felicity.weston, and checkout their retreats @wombawakeninguk.
- Give @livhungry a follow on Instagram! We LOVED Olivia’s incredible & nourishing plant-based menu for the Divine Feminine retreat!
- Learn more: stephencabral.com ; equilibriumnutrition.com
- Instagram: @stephencabral
- Listen: The Cabral Concept podcast
- Stephen’s Book: The Rain Barrel Effect
- Referenced book: The Blue Zones by Dan Buettner
- November 26th: Melbourne with Rosie Acosta
- November 28th: Sydney with Jessica Sepel
- December 7th: Los Angeles with K&L
- December 12th: Miami with Nikki Novo
- Teachable | Visit teachable.com/almost30 to get 1 month of Teachable Pro Plan FREE!
- Skinny Dipped | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at skinnydipped.com
- Catalina Crunch | Visit us.catalinacrunch.com/ and use code ALMOST30 for 10% off
- Better Help | Visit betterhelp.com/almost30 for 15% off your first month.
- Cured Nutrition | ALMOST30 for $10 off $50 or more at curednutrition.com
- Organic Traditions | Visit organictraditions.com and use code ALMOST30 for 30% off