To say Jessamyn Stanley is inspiring would be an understatement! Her truth gave the girls SO MUCH PAUSE. This episode is a shining example of why Krista and Lindsey love interviewing people for Almost 30. They were shaken, shifted, and felt inspired to take a closer look at how they are living. Jessamyn is a yoga teacher, body positivity advocate, and the author of Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear, Get On the Mat, Love Your Body.
Linds, Krista, and Jessamyn sit down for an incredible conversation about how she first got into yoga (which she hated at the time), social media, community, self-esteem + self-worth, and why she believes that yoga can save the world.
- Cultivating a COMMUNITY
- Why Jessamyn didn’t enjoy yoga the first time she did it + why she kept going
- Going from negativity to positivity
- The problematic standards in our society when it comes to race, gender, and body type.
- Life pre-yoga teacher training + post-yoga teacher training
- The effects yoga has on the body from the inside out.
- How to deal with haters and why they are some of her best inspiration to stand her ground
- Why Every Body Yoga is a love letter to everybody who wants to practice yoga, but doesn’t think it’s for them
Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear, Get On the Mat, Love Your Body by Jessamyn Stanley
Connect with Jessamyn: JessamynStanley.com | Instagram
HUM Nutrition – Code: “Almost30” for 20% off!
Join us at Yeah Field Trip – Yeahfieldtrip.com
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments