It’s hard to believe that someone who has built a billion-dollar brand could ever feel doubts about anything in their life, especially when they’ve ticked off all the things. But today’s Almost 30 guest, Jamie Kern Lima, isn’t afraid to get real and vulnerable about what goes on behind the mask.
Today, she reveals all her doubts, from the, Are You There-God? It’s Me, Jamie moments and past career qualms to questions about self-worth and her body – the last puzzle piece she’s currently dead set on solving (aren’t we all)?
Her latest book, “Believe IT,” illustrates how she became resolute in her mission to, not only, build a cosmetic empire, but to do it her way, even when doors were slamming in her face. She made it, BIG, but found herself dimming her light in the name of “being humble” and not owning her achievements. Today, she wholly owns her story, hoping that it will help inspire everyone out there to BELIEVE they can do IT too.
Can we get an amen?
Want to learn how to start, grow or monetize your current or future podcast? Check out the new-and-improved PodcastPro EBook – your comprehensive podcasting guide by Almost 30 founders! almost-30.mykajabi.com/offers/Bx2uQE3F/checkout
4 Secrets to Your Bestselling Book: FREE TRAINING WITH GABBY BERNSTEIN
Sunday, May 23rd
Choose from 2 screening times: 1:00 pm EST & 8:00 pm EST
SIGN UP NOW: gabbybernstein.com/writeabook/?ref=almost30
We also talk about:
- How Jamie rediscovered her faith in God
- Showing up authentically in business and relationships
- The competition and comparison cycle
- Dealing with body doubt
- Why women dim their light
- Healing female relationships and curating an uplifting circle
- Searching for her biological mother
- Read: Believe IT: How to Go from Underestimated to Unstoppable
- Instagram: @jamiekernlima
- Jenni Kayne | Get 15% off your first order when you use code ALMOST30 at jennikayne.com
- ALOHA | Visit aloha.com and use code ALMOST30 for 25% off your first order
- Monday.com | Sign up for a free two-week trial at monday.com
- Dipsea | Get a 30 day free trial when you go to dipseastories.com/ALMOST30
- Imperfect Foods | 20% off plus free shipping at imperfectfoods.com with code ALMOST30
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting almost30.com/websitedisclaimer