Today’s episode is a live recording from our summer series at Propel CoLabs Fitness Festival! We interview former dancer turned Hollywood fitness expert, Simone De La Rue. Simone is the creator of Body by Simone, an at-home or in-studio fitness method derived from dance. It’s all about safeguarding against injury, avoiding boredom, and boosting body acceptance and love.
Simone is passionate about cultivating an environment of inclusivity, and using her platform on social media in a positive way. As a new mom, she shares how it’s taught her to balance her career ambition with family life, and learning to surrender to others’ help. Our conversation also dives into body love (especially after pregnancy), the healing aspects of dance, and balancing exercise with rest.
We also talk about:
- Breaking free from identities
- Being a mom & career woman
- Overcoming postpartum depression
- Connection between the emotional & physical
- Simone’s favorite part of her self-care
- Listening to your body for your nutrition