Jen Gotch walked in for this episode wearing the most beautiful, colorful, happy dress: exactly what you’d expect from the creator of ban.do, an inspiring + positive lifestyle brand that’s grown tremendously since it began as a one-of-a-kind hair accessories company.
Jen is very transparent about how she is feeling on her good days and her bad days (which you know if you follow her on Instagram @jengotch). Jen is open about the mental health struggles she’s dealt with throughout her life, and she has been diligently learning to get closer to who she really is and care for herself – all the while building this incredible brand.
If you want to join in on this conversation, head over to the secret Facebook group!
We talk about…
- Social media
- Needing to leave the place you grew up
- Learning to own your creativity
- Starting in LA as a prop and food stylist
- Launching ban.do as a side project
- The difficult transitional period that is your 20s
- Emotional intelligence + becoming self-aware
- Finding a therapist (get help finding one for you at Advekit)
- What fuels Jen’s creativity
- Getting dressed makes you feel better!
- How social media changed ban.do
- Creating a unique planner
- Jen’s relationship with spirituality
- When & why Jen sold her company
- Celebrating 10 years of ban.do
- Supporting a brand you can connect with
- Jen’s advice for others struggling with anxiety
- The difference between self-deprecating or self-soothing and self-care
- Shop ban.do | bando.com
- Listen to Jen’s podcast | Jen Gotch is OK…Sometimes
- Instagram | @jengotch
- Get help finding the right therapist | Advekit.com
- Chosen Foods | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off at chosenfoods.com/almost30
- Four Sigmatic | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off your order at foursigmatic.com/almost30
- Après | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at drinkapres.com
- FabFitFun | Use code ALMOST30 for $10 off at fabfitfun.com
- Bioclarity | Use code ALMOST30 for 50% off your 1st order + free shipping at bioclarity.com