Claire Wasserman is a career coach + founder of Ladies Get Paid, an organization + global community that helps women rise up at work. She says on her website of this business endeavor: “I created Ladies Get Paid because I needed it. The lack of women in leadership roles disturbed me and I was craving a space where women could support one another.” With a background in event planning, Claire launched her businesses to both career coach and help women negotiate salaries like a pro with Ladies Get Paid. In this episode, we delve into all things gender, creative directing, film representation, and more! You’re going to love her helpful advice as much as we did!!
- Claire’s tips for how to negotiate like a pro! These include knowing your market value, learning to brag about yourself, what to do if the company in question doesn’t have a budget, how to be less nervous, and understanding ways to combat gender biases.
- Knowing your value at work and sensitivity around discussing money.
- How the perspectives of creative directors (largely white men) shape our understanding of the world.
- Claire’s Ladies Get Paid salary negotiation course.
- Advocating for yourself financially, because when YOU are negotiating for yourself, you are actually negotiating for HER!
- The gendered notion of apologizing excessively over email, etc. and how to combat the temptation to say “sorry.”
- Finding small successes in your day-to-day life rather than waiting to become “successful.” It’s all about mindset!
- Educating yourself about money as a means of self-love.
- Claire Wasserman | Website | Instagram
- Ladies Get Paid | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Your Superfoods | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% OFF at yoursuper.com
- HUM Nutrition | Use code ALMOST30NATION for 15% OFF at humnutrition.com
- Bioclarity | Use code ALMOST30 for $20 OFF your 1st month at bioclarity.com
- Four Sigmatic | Get 15% OFF your order at foursigmatic.com/almost30
add a comment
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments