Today on the podcast we have the incredible Michelle Elman! Michelle is a five board accredited body confidence coach and an award-winning body positive activist. She went viral after posting a bikini picture on Instagram with the hashtag, #ScarredNotScared, starting a global conversation about surgery, illness, chronic pain and ultimately scars. Michelle has since been featured in multiple media sources, given a TedX talk, wrote a book, and was awarded the Body Positive Activist of the Year by Yours Awards. Today we talk about what brought Michelle to the place of loving her body and helping others love theirs, the multiple surgeries she has endured, and what that felt like for Michelle. She also shares with us about dying and coming back to life at the young age of 11, and the day that she decided to start her campaign and wear a bikini. Michelle even explains to us just what the new-age therapy technique, havening, is and how it helped her confront and heal through past traumas. This conversation is a beautiful reminder of just how amazing our bodies are, and how we should embrace our scars, inside and out.
We also talk about…
- How her illnesses affected the relationship between her and her family
- The moment she realized she was being viewed differently
- Her journey with her weight mindset
- Learning to be confident in an unexpected way
- Being diagnosed with PTSD
- Deciding to become a life coach
- Body shaming and other forms of shame
- Tips to feel better with your body
- Fears surrounding sex
- Michelle’s book, Am I Ugly?
- Learn more: michelleelman.com
- Instagram: @scarrednotscared
- Youtube: youtube.com/michelleelman
- Watch: Michelle’s TedX Talk
- Read: Am I Ugly?
- Your Podcast Pro: enroll at yourpodcastpro.com
- College Tour: Email email@example.com
- Help us create a video! Call our hotline: 1-424-272-1853
- No Cow | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off and free shipping at www.nocow.com
- Spindrift | Head to spindriftfresh.com and pick your favorite flavors of the season!
- Morning Recovery | Use code ALMOST30 for $5 off a single purchase or subscription at morningrecoverydrink.com
- Skinny Dipped | Use code ALMOST30 for 20% off at skinnydipped.com
- Kopari | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% your first order at koparibeauty.com
- Lola | Use code ALMOST30 when you subscribe and get 40% off first month at mylola.com