Are you jealous of something or someone? What scares you? Where do you see friction in your life? As dreams grow, fears do too. Few know this as well as Mel Robbins.
A New York Times Bestselling author and self-publishing phenom, Mel’s work includes The High 5 Habit, The 5 Second Rule, and The Mel Robbins Podcast. Her female-led media company produces provocative, life-changing content, with millions of books sold, billions of video views, six #1 audiobooks, and one of the most viewed TEDx talks in the world.
In this episode, Mel teaches us about unveiling desires, following dreams and shifting identities. And perhaps most importantly: calling your own bullshit.
We learn how to discover, follow and commit to what we truly want through emotions that are usually identified as negative. Mel opens up about the courage it took her to overcome imposter syndrome – in spite of being one of the most successful speakers – in order to launch her podcast and how she learned to liberate herself of labels.
“Researchers found that the single greatest skill or habit or behavior change that you could practice that impacts your happiness and sense of purpose and meaning in life, more than anything else, more than gratitude, more than meditation, more than exercise, all of it, is learning how to be kind and accepting of yourself.” – Mel Robbins, Almost 30 Podcast
To put it simply, Mel and K+L covered and uncovered a lot, learned new tools and had major perspective shifts, and their hope is the same for you!
We also talk about:
- Imposter syndrome
- Why your fears grow concurrently with your dreams
- Learning from jealousy
- How to get in touch with your true desires
- Steps to approach your goals easily
- The research behind procrastination
- The science behind motivating yourself
- Moving into a space of self-love and motivation
- Learning attachment styles in relationships
- The truth behind narcissism and narcissistic tendencies
- How social media affects our interpersonal connections
- Why adult friendships are so hard
- The natural evolution of friendship
- The Mel Robbins Podcast: Listen on Apple or Spotify
- YouTube: @melrobbins
- Instagram: melrobbins
- Website: melrobbins.com
- Books: melrobbins.com/books
Episode Related Resources:
- Blog: Change Your Life With The High 5 Habit from Mel Robbins
- Watch Episode 460 on YouTube
- Listen to Episode 460 on Apple Podcasts or Spotify
The Invitation | A Relationship Breakup Series. Join Krista Williams and Lindsey Simcik for a 3-day workshop series on the break up process—with a partner, a friend and anyone in between. Sign up today here!
Away | Start your 100-day trial and shop the entire Away lineup of travel essentials, including their best-selling suitcases and bags at awaytravel.com/almost30.
Analemma Water | Join the water revolution by visiting coherent-water.com. Every purchase comes with a 100% money back guarantee, so you can literally taste the difference risk free. Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off.
Cozy Earth | Get 35% off site wide when you use the code ALMOST30 at cozyearth.com
Alo Moves | Go to alomoves.com and use the all caps code ALMOST30 to get a free 30-day trial PLUS 50% off an annual membership.
Vive Organic | Visit viveorganic.com and use code ALMOST30 at checkout for 15% off your first product.
To advertise on our podcast, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.advertisecast.com/Almost30.
Join our community:
Podcast disclaimer can be found by visiting: almost30.com/disclaimer.