The digital age has ushered in an era of opportunity centered around the individual. From blogs to social media, we now have the ability to share our personal stories and pursue our passions in a way that was not possible before. When we started, we had no audiences, and were working full time jobs. It took us a few years, and a lot of mistakes to really get into the groove of building our brand, We are now a global media company with reach all over the world, focused on helping women through their evolution. But it didn’t happen overnight!
As we have discussed, podcasting is an incredibly powerful way to jump-start your personal brand and develop a presence. But what about those of you who already have an established presence? Whether you are an Instagram influencer or a YouTube star, expanding into the realm of podcasting is a great way to take your brand to the next level.
- Reach new audiences – According to Statista, there are over 100 million monthly podcast listeners in the United States. This translates into a huge group of people just waiting to become your biggest fans. Take it from us, the podcasting community is something truly special. Throughout our experience with podcast listeners over the years, we have seen so much support, love, and dedication from our audience. Podcasting will allow you to extend your reach and tap into these very audiences.
- Diversify your content – Podcasting allows you to create content in a new and unique way. It promotes connection with your audience in a manner that differs from that of social media, giving you the opportunity to share more of YOU.
- Because of the nature of podcasts, you can easily create longer form content that you either might not be able to, or would require much more time + resources, elsewhere (for reference, the average podcast length is around 45 minutes).
- More opportunity for sponsors – Expanding to a new landscape brings additional opportunities to share sponsored content. This means you can provide more value to existing sponsors. Additionally, you’ll have the bandwidth to take on new ones.
- Expand your network – Just like YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram have their own networks, podcasting comes with its own unique community too. Entering into the world of podcasting will introduce you to other podcasters in the space, which gets your name out there and further promotes brand awareness. Furthermore, connecting with other podcasters opens new doors for collaborations, such as podcast swaps!
- Establish credibility – Adding podcasting to your repertoire demonstrates your capacity to manage a variety of platforms. It highlights your versatility as well as your ability to break into a variety of industries. Podcasting comes with its own set of skills; mastering podcasting in addition to your other channels shows everyone (your audience, sponsors, etc.) that you can really do it all!