5 Tips You Need For a Successful Podcast Launch
One of the most exciting times for your podcast is when you’re ready to launch! This time is key because it’s when you introduce your show to the world. You’ve put your heart and soul into this podcast and it deserves the best debut possible. That’s where marketing comes in!
We’re sharing our 5 best tips to market your podcast at launch. These were huge for us when we launched Almost 30, and they’ll make your pod a success too!
- Create a trailer to introduce listeners to your show: It can be 2-3 minutes long and it should give listeners an idea of what your show is about and what you’re about. Highlight future guests, episode topics, and include a strong clip. Entice them and leave them wanting more!
- Have a clear call to action in your episodes: Ask your audience to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast within each episode.
- Mobilize your friends and family: Don’t be shy! Send a mass email to your loved ones about your podcast launch. Ask them to share the news on social media and spread the word to their friends, co-workers, neighbors, their barista…whoever! Your friends and family want to support you!
- Collaborate with other podcasters: Think of fellow podcasters who you admire and have them on your show. You can also go on their shows and cross-promote both podcasts. AIm for podcasts that have similar listener demographics and audience sizes as you.
- Leverage organic social media: Most of us are on Instagram all the time, so why not use it to expand your reach? Create a dedicated Instagram account for your show and curate content around the topics you discuss. You can also share behind-the-scenes looks at your podcast creation and launch process to give listeners a peek behind the curtain.
Looking for more info on how to create and launch a hit podcast?! We have all the resources you need with the full PodcastPro Program!