From our experience, marking is THE differentiator. Smart marketing amplifies and uplevels your show, and transforms it from a great podcast into an impactful brand.
We’re not talking about “old school marketing” where it feels like you’re selling aggressively and peddling a product. To us, the power of marketing is telling a story, sharing your vision authentically, and connecting people. That’s the kind of creative and memorable marketing that will help you stand out.
These 5 marketing techniques have been game changers for us and our brand:
- Tap into the power of community: We truly believe that community is everything! There are so many brands out there and so many options for consumers. There are tons of podcasts — there is only one YOU! What will set you apart is forging an authentic connection with your audience. The more time and energy you invest in building your brand’s community, the more your audience will trust you and reciprocate with their loyalty. This is a two-way relationship. We make sure to answer every email and every DM and keep an open dialogue with our community always.
- Create Facebook groups: One of the ultimate tools to build and tap into your community is a secret Facebook group. It creates a special touchpoint with your audience and it will keep them listening to your show (and telling their friends about it!) because they feel a direct and personal connection to you. Start your Facebook group early, and if you’re the host of your show, engage with the community there consistently.
- Focus on your guests: Your guests offer an amazing opportunity to tap into new communities and reach more people. Pay attention to things like their target demographic and marketing so you can cross promote with them. Before you record, mention to your guests that you’d love them to share the episode with their community when it airs. And then make this really easy for them! Give them assets like links to episodes and episode art so sharing is a no-brainer for them.
- Get out there: Attend all the events and meetups you can and take note of what you like about each event for inspiration. Then it’s your turn to host! Throw events that are community focused. They don’t have to be huge or elaborate; the point is to bring like-minded people together to connect. Meeting people in person is pure MAGIC!
- Collaborate: Reach out to other podcasts that align with our mission and collaborate on crossover podcasts, Instagram takeovers, and giveaways. You can tap into each other’s communities.
And our biggest piece of advice:
Be authentic and true to yourself in all of your marketing. If it doesn’t feel right to you, it won’t resonate with your audience!
Looking for more advice and tools to market and grow your brand?! We have all the resources you need with the full PodcastPro Program!